Tips & Tricks for Selling your Home
Selling a home can be stressful. You want to make sure that you sell for what it's worth, if not more. Having the right agent is crucial, and of course making sure your home is picture perfect and all the wonderful accents are featured. Below is a list of necessary upgrades that won't break the bank!
1. Paint- This seems like an obvious answer to making your home stand out, but it is often overlooked. Adding a fresh coat of paint can transform the room to look brand new. Trim is essential to making this paint job stand out and your buyers seeing your home for what is truly is.
2. Doors- Replace or paint your doors is a simple way to update the hallways of your home. Painting these doors can make them prominent accent features and are a cost-effective way of upgrading your home!
3. Closets- When buyers look at homes, they begin to imagine their belongings in this place. When closets are de-cluttered, it is helpful for them to see how much storage there is and the potential for their things. Go down to the Container Store and get some organization materials to appeal to the buyers.
4. Depersonalize- As with the buyers imagining their homes there, they are also envisioning their future in this home. It helps these buyers when the majority of your personal belongings are out of sight and they can imagine what they would put there personally.
5. Cabinets- The kitchen is what sells! Kitchen remodels can get very costly, so simply updating your cabinets could do the trick. Re-stain, touch up paint, or even just changing the handles/knobs can help transform your kitchen into looking more appealing!
6. Update Fixtures- This is an easy way to upgrade parts of your home. By getting new plates for your electric switches to new faucets or lighting accessories, your home can look newly updated and the buyers will appreciate the new fixtures.
These are just a few tips and tricks to help you feel prepared for the next step in your life. Selling a home can be stressful, but with Tom as your agent and advocate, the process will seem stress-free!